Monday, February 13, 2012

“There is no sunrise so beautiful that it is worth waking me up to see it.”


Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?  (And Other Concerns) – Mindy Kaling

222 pages

Genre:  Memoir; Humor

SummaryIs Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? examines different events in Mindy Kaling’s life and exposes her opinions on a variety of subjects including, but certainly not limited to, friends, love, and show business.

Review:  I think Mindy Kaling is rather fantastic.  I absolutely love watching "The Office," and her character, Kelly, has always been one of my favorites.  When I discovered she had written a book, I knew I had to read it immediately.  Ultimately, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? was a really funny, fluffy book, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

One of the greatest things about this book was how honest Kaling was about herself.  Instead of trying to make herself look perfect, she expounds upon and embraces her shortcomings, which I find very admirable.  Kaling just seems like such a fun, hilarious, happy person, and her charm shines through on every page.  I was smiling almost the entire time I read this.

If you’re looking for a fun, light read that will definitely make you laugh, check out Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?

Rating:  3/5

5 comments:

  1. This quote is fantastic. I agree. The only way I see sunrises is if I stay up.

    ReplyDelete